"From sea to shining sea" From the Aegean to the Black sea that is.
In this weeks episode I share my adventures in Turkey, from what brought me here in the first place to why you should make it your next holiday destination. Literally, there is something here for everyone. Culture, history, wellness, fashion, gastronomy, nature, nightlife, and did I mention the sea? Some of the most beautiful water on earth, from the deep blue Aegean and the turquoise Mediterranean, to gorgeous lakes and crystal clear rivers. You can tell I LOVE the water. But did you know there are also ski resorts, 5 star wellness retreats, and the oldest archeological sites in the world such as Gobekli Tepe which is over 12,000 years old.
And then there are the people. The warmest and friendliest I have ever come across and I've traveled quite a bit. Living in Bodrum has been a magical experience and I love sharing it in this episode. I get so many questions about what it is like here, do I feel safe, what do you need to wear, do I feel safe, can you drink alcohol, do I feel safe... you get the point. To answer it simply, YES, I feel safe. I did an entire Moth StorySlam on it ( Like a Ted talk for storytellers, link below) And, yes, you can drink, in fact the night life and music scene here is legendary. As far as attire, you can wear what ever you want. In fact the fashion is couture to a whole other level, but I know what people really mean is, do you have to cover up like you see in the movies....NO! Let your freak flag fly if you want. Thongs are on the beach, jean shorts can be just as too short as anywhere else, and remember, Istanbul is the largest city in Europe so you see a bit of everything. That said, of course you should always be respectful if you visit a place of worship, whether its a mosque, temple or church and Turkey is an incredibly diverse country so it also depends and what region you are visiting. I can only speak from my experience in western Turkey and of course the Mediterranean.
In this episode I also share stories from my time here working in wellness, trusting the universe, my travels to Marmaris, Akayaka, the mud baths, thermal springs, seeing the ancient Lycain rock tombs and what I want to experience next. Hello Ephesus, Cappadocia and Mardin! If you want to see photos of any of the things I mention, check out the highlights on my Instagram page at @Michelleschoenfeldofficial
*CORRECTION: I took a little bit of creative liberties in my historical dates. Not on purpose, but I probably should have fact checked a bit. I've received so many conflicting dates, but the over all concepts are consistent. Here are some more accurate dates:
- Bodrum Castle: Original site dates back to 11th century BC, but current castle is 14th Century AD
- Lycian Rock Tombs: The Lycian people date back to 15th century BC, The tombs I saw were from about 500-400 BC and were devastated by the Persian invasion at that time and then again by Brutus in 42 BC
- Myndos: Alexander the Great arrived in the area 344 BC, Brutus' navy took refuge in the Gumusluk bay in 46 BC, Julius Cesar was also there.
I also Mention:
- The ancient sunken city on Myndos in Gümüslük
- Cleopatra, Brutus and Mark Antony
- Halicarnassus, one of the 7 wonders of the world in Bodrum
- The Virgin Mary's home near Izmir
- A culture of tea time and hospitality
- The LifeCo wellbeing and detox
- Meetings with the Turkish Ambassador
- Why you should travel here with Turkish Airlines...and I'm not paid to say that.
- Datca and the highest oxygen levels for wellness
- MY NEW TRAVEL TV PROJECT!
+ I'd like to give a special shoutout "Thank You" to my good friend Sevil Altinsoy at Turkish Airlines Corporate Club in Washington DC for her never ending support in all of my endeavors in Turkey.
If you like this podcast, please subscribe/Follow/download/write a review and help spread the word by sharing it with your friends and on social media. The more light we can get out into the world, the better it will be.
Check out this link to make giving a review easy :) https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/you-lost-me-at-namaste/id1503559344
Contact & Resources
- Video of Michelle's Moth Performance https://youtu.be/uzzlirG8zUo
- NY Times Article on Bodrum https://www.nytimes.com/2006/08/20/travel/20bodrumside.html
- Host Michelle Schoenfeld https://michelleschoenfeld.com
- Podcast Website https://www.youlostmeatnamaste.com/
- Instagram https://www.instagram.com/youlostmeatnamaste/
- Questions and pitch ideas at firstname.lastname@example.org
I Want To Hear From You! Send me your questions and be part of the show. Ask ANYTHING from Chakras and crystals to relationships, finding your light and plant-based diet...ask away at Michelle@MichelleSchoenfeld.com or DM me on Instagram @Michelleschoenfeldofficial @youlostmeatnamaste https://www.instagram.com/youlostmeatnamaste/
HOUSEKEEPING + Promos
- Find me on Clubhouse @mschoenfeld.
- 2021/2022 Beach Pray Love and Manifest Your Life Retreats at The LifeCo, Email me to be put on the advanced info list.
- 20% off EnergyBits with Code: NAMASTE https://www.energybits.com/
- 25% Off CBD at Social CBD with Code: Namaste2021 https://socialcbd.com/
"You are worthy, you are enough, and you were born to be happy."
I hope you enjoyed the show, and if so PLEASE SUBSCRIBE, LEAVE ME A REVIEW and share with your friends :). Also, check out my other episodes with some engaging guests discussing Chakras, Health benefits of CBD, The Law of attraction, Grounding, Manifesting Abundance, and more. For Apple, here is an easy link https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/you-lost-me-at-namaste/id1503559344
- 2021/2022 Beach Pray Love Retreat at The LifeCo, Bodrum Turkey, dates TBD. www.thelifeco.com
- Coming to Turkey, Washington, DC or San Antonio Texas and want to be part of my live show or studio audience? Shoot me a message or send me a pitch. Michelle@MichelleSchoenfeld.com
In addition to being a wellness expert and spiritual teacher, I also cover: best tips on, meditation, happiness, sound bath, healing crystals, how to manifest, best new podcast, abundance, finding your life's purpose, holistic, CBD, how to find self love, love, reiki, astrology, acupuncture, Ayurvedic, yoga, CBD health benefits, The Law of attraction, vegan, how to balance your chakras, spiritual awakening, spirit guides, what is a Lightworker, Starseed, Tantra, Tantric sex, yoni, kundalini, EFT, Tapping, what is an empath, eastern medicine, Travel Turkey, Bodrum, Turkbuku, Gumusluk, Marmaris, Antalya, Ephesus, Datca, wellbeing, best detox, juice cleanse, sound bath, Dosha, wellness travel, Schumann resonance, and how to navigate ascension symptoms.